Caffeine & Death: A True Story

Caffeine & Death: A True Story

In 2010, a 23-year-old British man, Michael Lee Bedford, died from caffeine overdose. His friend had purchased pure caffeine on the internet. But Bedford never saw the label. His autopsy came back, and his bloodstream was comprised of the caffeine equivalent of 70 energy beverages. Seventy. Red. Bulls. And unlike carbonated drinks, it took him, just a couple of seconds to ingest it. Some of the reactions that are caused by that massive quantity of caffeine in the body would be rapid heartbeat as well as seizures. Guarana, chocolate, tea, and coffee all contain caffeine, but you’d have a problem attempting to consume all these products that quickly.

According to an ABC News report, Bedford’s family has a powerful message about the risks of caffeine powder. “It seems like it should probably be banned,” his grandma said. His aunt agreed, adding “I believe there must be a warning on it saying it could kill.”

So what is Anhydrous Caffeine Powder? It’s primarily synthesized caffeine. It’s manufactured by adhering to the plant components and removing a white, crystalline powder - that is necessarily the caffeine powder. The process dramatically concentrates caffeine's potency. Caffeine is a compound mixed into energy products and medications, weight reduction, and a complete variety of nutritional supplements. Nutrition labels list it just it’s an ingredient in foods or drinks.

However, in its pure state, the bitter tasting powder is an extremely concentrated drug. The warning label on one brand of anhydrous cocoa powder advises not to exceed 200 mg in 24 hours. A lethal dose of caffeine depends upon lots of factors, including the weight of people, age, and health status. But if it’s the cocoa in powdered form or in a cup of coffee, amounts as low as 300 mg might lead to adverse reactions in certain people. But you’d have to drink about 100 cups of coffee until the cocoa in it'd kill you, plus you’d probably be shaking too much after the first couple of cups to continue.

Anhydrous cocoa powder, though, is concentrated enough to produce toxicity and even lethal effects in minutes, in as little as a spoonful! Suppliers of anhydrous caffeine powder recommend utilizing a gram scale to measure dosage accurately. The safety warnings on anhydrous cocoa products vary. Buyer is warned - we would never recommend purchasing pure caffeine - for any reason.

Our coffee is a much safer and more delicious choice!

Older Post Newer Post

  • zHqvLFansIVQb

    DkmWQjUd on
  • MJPrlOSwZeA

    bAkfUKEtMPxgrWD on

    hvuwIeFgQXOU on
  • oDIcyhBvT

    REaPVFsnWGMceZoY on

Leave a comment